As the number of oral cancer cases have increased over the last ten years, we routinely offer screening during your dental check-up. The earlier oral cancer is detected, the more likely any treatment will be successful.
During this simple screening process we look at the following areas:
- The outside and inside of your lips
- Inside your cheeks
- The tongue
- The floor and roof of your mouth
- Your face, neck and lips
We also offer helpful advice relating to your diet, smoking and alcohol consumption.
In between appointments, keep an eye on your mouth and let us know if you spot any of the following:
- Sore patches or ulcers that don’t heal
- Red or white patches
- Numbness on the tongue or in the mouth
- Loose teeth
- Persistent sore throat or hoarseness
- Unexplained swelling
- Persistent earache or blocked nose